Practical and results focused Project Management and Methods enabling our clients to get the best from their projects, systems and people.
- Provision of Project Managers and Team Managers (bespoke software engineering)
- Project audits and governance assessments
- Management of outsourced (third party) suppliers
- Training and coaching
- Personal mentoring programmes
- Methods development and implementation
- Post implementation reviews.
- Over 30+ years of delivering externally critiqued project management and software engineering lifecycle services
- Service guarantee of quality staff and skills, ensures our customers get the right people, when they need them
- Business delivery, focusing on ensuring continual business justification is validated and the right projects sustained
- Committed to skills and knowledge transfer
- PRINCE2® and DSDM® Atern and Scrum certified Project Managers
- UK and pan-European service
- The OCS Project Management Framework, an OCS developed approach to Work Package IT Project Management with a quarter of a century of software work package credentials.
OCS has been providing Project Management Consultancy since 1984. The following is a sample:
UK Mutual Assurer
- Introduced revised project governance methods to support IT department through major business change programme
- Team Managers for the provisioning of a variety of work packages involving online platform, payments and reconciliation, maturities and policy valuations, legacy systems migration and upgrades.
Global Insurance Software House
- Introduction of PRINCE2® project management and Agile software development methodologies into the engineering department
- Introduction of PRINCE2® project management methodology into the UK professional services team
- Provision of multiple project managers and work package team managers over a two year transition programme.
International Oil Company
- Provision of project and team managers for a strategic Retail Business platform programme
- Provision of project manager for a revised Sales & Marketing platform that covered 13 European countries and 3 business units.
UK High Street Retailer
- Project Manager and Team Managers for the provisioning of an Intranet platform within the UK retail estate
- Provision of work package team managers and quality assurers for local and corporate communications enablement, including manpower planning
- Provision of an interim Programme Manager for business change programme focusing on logistical workflow, particularly in relation to goods and stock management.
International Domestic Insurer
- Provided the knowledge and experience to facilitate the introduction of Rapid Application Development techniques into software engineering teams
- Introduced new work package governance methods to support RAD
- Developed and delivered customer specific training courses and coaching for project and team managers
- Provided technical and business representatives to facilitate client uptake of new methods.
Leading UK Specialist Information Provider
- Provided Project Manager for Customer Engagement programme, which included establishing business case, project governance and controls
- Work packages for purchase and implementation of preferred CRM package as well as the development of customised modules for the selected CRM package were undertaken by OCS Team Managers using OCS' software engineering project teams.
High Street Bookmaker
- Project Management and work package management for delivering an internet based Financial Reporting application
- Work packages adopted an Agile approach within the PRINCE2® project structure
- Use of prototype delivered via outsourced OCS project teams deployed.
Major UK Publishing Company
- Undertook a project audit to assist the client in indentifying how to resolve a number of major issues related to a critical project
- Substituted project manager, who subsequently created a new baseline for the project to proceed
- Provided advice and guidance to senior customer managers sitting on the Project Board
- Introduced and established new procedures for project tracking, recording and change management.
International Leisure Group
- Provided Project Management to support programme delivering new online business environment
- Managed a suite of mixed work package teams constituting internal, existing and new external suppliers that had high aggressive deadline schedules
- Implemented new project governance procedures specifically tailored for the online business environment.
Car Leasing Organisation
- Full lifecycle project management responsibility for providing a Fleet Optimisation and Planning platform to respond to regulatory changes in vehicle transactions
- Provided work package team manager capacity for delivery and integration of a highly specialist package from a third party supplier and meeting aggressive timescales by utilising the benefits of RAD (DSDM®).
Major UK Travel Information Company
- Provision of a project manager to overseeing customer initiative to preserve value held in legacy platform, whilst organisation moved towards an online model
- Exploited OCS technical skills to facilitate supplier representation necessary to bridge gaps
- Multiple work packages in preparation for and outsourcing of legacy platform services, establishment of service interfaces (business and technical).
National Motor Vehicle Sales Company
Undertook a wide range of Project Management activities over a seven year period
- Improving customer management, which involved implementing a CRM platform
- Increasing productivity, including the provision of an online performance system
- Increasing distribution efficiency, including dealership network platform, incentives and rewards systems, integrated marketing capabilities etc.
Central Government Department
- Project Manager for a new Financial Planning and Reporting platform for the financial controllers across the department
- Provision of work package team managers over a three year project involving proprietary and custom software engineering and infrastructure preparations
- Provision of project governance training and skills development to customer staff
- Support of project audit and programme lessons learnt reviews.
International Insurance Group
- Provision of Project Management Consultancy to manage a twenty-five man team on a 200+ man-year project undertaking the analysis, design, development and implementation of twelve core business applications.
International Car Manufacturer
- Managed a number of parallel projects in the ISD department of their European Headquarters
- Reviewed and subsequently produced new procedures and guidelines for the client's Project Managers
- Provided hands-on coaching and skills transfer to the customer's Project Managers in training
- Designed and delivered a whole suite of training courses aimed at maximising the capabilities of the customer's staff.
For further information regarding OCS' Project Management services please email email@example.com or call 020 8731 4338.