UNIFACE Consultancy, Development and Support
OCS Consulting has been a leading UNIFACE provider since 1991 when it established its subsidiary Database Solutions. OCS authored the best selling book - An Introduction to UNIFACE Six, selling over 30,000 copies worldwide, 15,000 copies to the vendor of UNIFACE - Compuware. OCS has continued to provide UNIFACE based services, which include support of UNIFACE based solutions, migration of UNIFACE applications to alternative languages as well as migrating to UNIFACE version 8 and UNIFACE version 9. UNIFACE consultancy remains a core niche technology and OCS' UNIFACE consultants have moved with the times, providing services that go beyond the core UNIFACE language elements of UNIFACE based development.
Examples of UNIFACE assignments:
- Porting of an existing UNIFACE application to UNIFACE Six including the introduction of new GUI features for an International Airline Service
- Design and development of a subscription administration system, using Sybase and UNIFACE to very short timescales, implementing Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) for an Insurance Marketing Services company
- Provision of long-term skills for the redevelopment of a core property management application in UNIFACE, away from a mainframe solution for an International Property company
- Provision of client server, UNIFACE and MAC expertise for a VPN database, centralising control and improving information management within the company. The UNIFACE application development environment provided the necessary cross-platform capability between Oracle and HP
- Managed and undertook the migration of a major commercial property insurance administration system. The project included migration of UNIFACE Six and Sybase 11 to UNIFACE Seven and Sybase 12.5, re-platforming of the application within an EDS data centre and full regression testing.
ADABAS/Natural Consultancy, Development and Support
In 1988 due to the demands of its customers OCS established its ADABAS/Natural Division focusing on technical consultancy and application development services using Software AG's Natural, Bolero, EntireX, ADABAS and later XML technologies. OCS provided and continues to provide ADABAS/Natural development, upgrades and migrations, ADABAS database design and administration, flexible remote and on-site support of ADABAS/Natural applications along with proven skills in web, client server and mainframe integration.
Examples of ADABAS/Natural assignments:
- Provision of project management consultancy to manage a large team undertaking the analysis design, development and implementation of core ADABAS/Natural applications in an IBM host environment for an International Insurance Group
- Project management and resourcing of a large team to undertake the analysis, design, development and implementation of a subscription management application using ADABAS/Natural and Predict for an International Satellite Communication Group
- Support and maintenance for a major ADABAS/Natural system on a DEC/VAX environment for a Commercial Insurance Organisation
- Provision of an eight person outsourcing team to undertake analysis, design and programming roles during the redevelopment of all in-house ADABAS/Natural applications.