OCS Consulting has been providing professional and quality Information Technology services since 1998. We offer a wide range of SAS Consultancy services in Data Analysis & Reporting, Business Intelligence, Data Management and Data Integration. Our main technical expertise is centred around the use of SAS software in the Life Sciences and Finance & Insurance sectors.
Since 1999, OCS Consulting has been a SAS Institute Partner and has been proactively involved in SAS related events and developments. Recently OCS Consulting with its SAS certified consultants has undertaken assignments in the Life Sciences, Finance, Retail and Government sectors, utilising the full range of SAS Version 9 software components.
As a SAS Gold Partner, a SAS Reseller and the first European SAS partner to be awarded all three competency badges from the SAS Institute for Data Management, Visualization and Analytics OCS Consulting has vast skills and experience in helping organisations to deliver projects.
Our specialist SAS Software Division delivers services and solutions in the following areas:
SAS Consulting Services - Make your IT team SAS capable
- Demonstrate & Advice
- Architecture & Implementation
- Data Management
- BI & Data Science
- Maintenance & Support
SAS Environment Support - Solutions for your business - extend, enhance, integrate
Your organisation works with SAS software to get more information out of your data and to take faster and better decisions. Therefore, it is necessary that your SAS environment is stable and that disruptions are solved quickly or can even be prevented. OCS Consulting has a specialised team to support and unburden you with all your questions regarding your SAS environment.
SAS Software Reseller - SAS Reseller Partner since 2008
SAS Institute is a leader in Business Analytics and in October 2016 we reached the SAS Gold-partner status. In the same year OCS Consulting won the SAS Reseller Partner of the Year Award. OCS Consulting has been a SAS Reseller Partner since 2008 for all approved SAS software licenses, including LSAF & JMP®.
The above services include but are not limited to:
- SAS® platform support: Installation and configuration, upgrades and migration, SAS® Grid Manager, maintenance and support
- Data integration and business intelligence: SAS® DI Studio, SAS® BI tooling (IDP, EG and WRS) and SAS® Visual Analytics
- Statistical programming, analysis and reporting: SAS programming, Statistics, Validation, CDISC, Macros, Tables, Listings and Figures
- Application Development: Bespoke software with Base SAS®, macro and stored processes
- SAS Solutions: SAS® Fraud Framework, SAS® Enterprise Case Management
- Project Management: Pragmatic, hands-on, background in SAS® technologies and methods e.g. Agile.
SAS Consulting - Profile of Assignments:
Leading Insurance Organisation: Development of several bespoke web applications for the SAS Information Delivery Portal. Projects include:
- creating a dynamic SAS OLAP cube viewer
- implementing integrated security (including Microsoft SharePoint)
- creating Insurance benchmark reports
- online Data Entry application
The system is being actively used by the members of the Insurance Association.
Leading International Bank: Support and maintenance of the SAS environment.
- a SAS environment has been set up in order to support a Technical support service containing 2nd line helpdesk, technical maintenance and support
- Technology: SAS 9.2, CRMB, RMFB, DI Server, Enterprise Guide
A service level agreement, containing pro-active maintenance, helpdesk support on category 1-3 problems, out-of-hours support, monitoring and reporting on the SAS environment and ad-hoc additional technical services.
European Logistics Service: Support and maintenance of the SAS environment.
- Within this Logistics organisation the SAS environment is used as a BI reporting tool using SAS Web report studio. The data preparation is executed using SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Batch jobs
- Technology: SAS 9.2, Enterprise Guide, WRS.
OCS Consulting supports the BI department with the monitoring of batch jobs, generating the DataMart and creating web reports.
Leading Health Insurance Provider: Migration of the client's BI/DI environment from SAS 9.2 to SAS 9.3 and the installation of SAS Visual Analytics (SAS 9.4)
- The migration project included a migration of 2 development servers and 2 production servers. The installation of the new environment was performed on a clean Windows installation, to which the metadata content was migrated. As part of the project, several change requests and improvements were implemented on the new environment
- Technology: SAS 9.2 64 bit W2008R2, BI / DI Server, Enterprise Guide (App-V client), SAS 9.3 64 bit W2008R2, SAS 9.4 Visual Analytics
The migration was completed successfully within time and budget and the environment is now supported by OCS Consulting.
Leading Financial Services Organisation: Migration of the client's SAS environment from SAS 9.2 to SAS 9.3.
- The migration project included the migration of a complete DTAP street and a "self-service" production environment. The project was executed in several stages, migrating D, T, A, P and Self-service. Using this approach, most issues would be encountered and resolved on the Development environment, thereby minimizing required downtime on the production and self-service environment.
- Technology: SAS 9.2 64 bit W2k8/Unix, BI Server, Enterprise Miner, App-V clients, SAS 9.3 64 bit.
The migration was successfully completed on time and within budget. OCS Consulting will now be undertaking the next migration project from SAS 9.3 to SAS 9.4.
Financial Institution: Migration of the client's SAS "Self-Service" environment from SAS 9.13 to SAS 9.3 bit
- Technical and functional migration of the client's "self-service" production environment, used by 10 different departments within the organisation. The system was mainly used for period reporting during which the environment was "frozen" for a number of weeks. The approach was to install the new SAS environment on a new system and then migrate department by department using "trial migrations". During the project several "quick wins" were identified and added to the project scope as change requests.
- Technology: SAS 9.1.3 32 bit W2003, SAS BI Server, Enterprise Guide (Citrix client), SAS 9.3 64 bit W2008R2.
The migration was successfully completed with less than 10% overrun in duration, within budget and before the deadline.
European Parking Services Provider: Installation of the SAS foundations and Visual Analytics.
- The client wanted to give access to their external customers over the internet through SAS Visual Analytics. As SSO was already set up, a fall-back authentication needed to be configured in order for external users to be able to authenticate. Also configuration on external access to both SASVisualAnalyticsViewer and TransportationServices (for Ipad) needed to be done.
- Technology: SAS 9.4 foundations, Visual Analytics 6.3 SMP.
A fully operational SAS Visual Analytics environment with customer requirements is in place.